FE Package Status of Aug 10, 2006

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Aug 10 16:08:34 UTC 2006

> I like them too, but they are for power users and comps is (AFAIK) for
> the "ordinary" end user, so I think the current policy of not putting
> them in comps.xml is correct.

There are command line apps in comps, but not in all sections. For example
there are some in the "Hardware Support", "System Tools", "Development Tools",
there could be in "Engineering and Scientific". There are mathematical
libraries in "Engineering and Scientific". That's because what is an ordinary
user depends on the comps section.

And I think it is right to add more command line apps if they fit in a
section intended for system administrators, developers or scientists.

--
Pat