Need a list of educational packages

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 14 10:13:20 UTC 2006

Hans de Goede wrote:

> PFJ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>>>
>>> This work is best done by a SIG. I was quite surprised to see that we
>>> didnt have a Education SIG yet when Kushal asked me for a list of
>>> packages in IRC earlier.
>> An education SIG would be a cracking idea, plus a new group in the RPM
>> group of Applications/Education would help.
>>

> Well I'm interested in educational software, but I've been currently
> doing this under the gaming SIG umbrella, I know that is a bit of the
> mark but sofar it works.

There are some games which play a education role and there are tools
which provide entertainment while learning broadly classified under
"Edutainment" however there are several other additional ones like for
example touch typing that would fit into a education SIG but not often
into a games SIG. It would be much better to have separate SIG's since
it makes the role of these groups easier to identify and participate in.

Rahul