Attention kernel module project packagers!

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Aug 15 13:49:17 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 14:56 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > I think this argument is invalid. We should ban _all_ module packages
> > from Core and Extras anyway.
>
> That's a valid viewpoint. Assuming Fedora Core/Extras indeed bans all
> external kernel module packages, does it have the authority/interest
> to maintain a kernel module packaging guide? If not who should?

I think it's probably sane enough for Fedora to maintain a kernel module
packaging guide, despite not actually having any such packages for
itself.

We understand and expect that there is an ecosystem of other
repositories built around Fedora, and it makes sense to have guidelines
(and infrastructure in our kernel packages, where appropriate) which
make that easier. Especially when that'll be useful for RHEL too.

--
dwmw2