Ok to change description in owners.list

Wart wart at kobold.org
Wed Aug 16 06:36:16 UTC 2006

Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 2 questions:
>
> 1) Must the description in owners.list exactly match the rpm summary?
> 2) May the descriotion be changed after the initial adding of a package
>    to owners.list?

AFAIK, there is no rule that says the description in owners.list must
match the Summary: in the spec file.  I know for a fact that a handful
of my own packages don't match (because I was too lazy to open up the
spec file when I was adding them to owners.list).

> I'm asking because I would like to change the description of a few
> libraries I maintain to include the word library (but only in
> onwers.list, not in the rpms) to stop Chris's comps nag mails from
> nagging me :)

I wouldn't bother unless you are extremely bored, or really bothered by
the nag mails.  :)

--Mike