Re: New category needed for compsXML: i18n

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 05:02:27PM +0900, Ryo Dairiki wrote:
Hi,
I'm thinking of writing compsXML for SCIM related packages,
and I need a new category like "I18n" or "Internationalization" for them.
Where can I request it? Or just posting here is enough?

I am fairly ignorant on that subject, but aren't I18n related packages
like libraries, and pulled as dependencies by the apps that use them?
Are they of use by themselves?

--
Pat

Not, really.

There are some extra packages in that category.
For example, special input methods, and special composing dictionaries.

I own "scim-skk", which is yet another input method for Japanese.
As you know, the default input method for Japanese in Fedora is "scim-anthy",
which is installed by dependencies on Japanese environments.
But there are some people who prefer scim-skk to scim-anthy.
For such people, scim-skk must shown in the list of apps to install.
Just installed by dependencies is not a good idea.

Ryo Dairiki