Re: Appending a file in %{_sysconfdir}

On Friday 18 August 2006 10:14, PFJ wrote:
> I'm packaging sdldotnet for inclusion into extras and have hit a small
> snag. I need to amend %{_sysconfdir}/mono/config to include some bits
> required for sdldotnet.

Danger Will Robinson!  Fiddling with file content, especially config files is
bad juju.  What you should really do is work with the mono packager to make
a %{_sysconfdir}/mono/config.d/ directory that packages can drop config stubs
into and remove from.  We learned long ago trying to fiddle with file
contents is just a bad idea.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora