Possible wxWidgets-2.8 problem (rawhide)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Dec 18 16:06:20 UTC 2006

Matthew Miller wrote :

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 12:10:46PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 03:58:50PM +0000, Paul wrote:
> > > Thanks. The problem is that gridlayout.h can't find wxTimer - I've tried
> > > this under both x86 and x86_64 with no success.
> > Apparently, --enable-timer is now an optional flag, and disabled by default.
> > I'll rebuild (on monday, or tonight if I get a chance) with that enabled.
>
> Rebuilding now, but without testing since I don't have access to my work
> machine (or a fast enough connection to test X apps remotely).

FWIW, I tried rebuilding the latest VLC against the first wxGTK 2.8
packages in Rawhide, and it also failed miserably (don't remember the
error from the top of my head), while it compiled fine with 2.6 on FC6.
So the announced compatibility doesn't seem to live up to its
expectations, unless this timer option was the catch ;-)

I'll try again with the next wxGTK built, and start digging if it still
fails.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.18-1.2835.fc6
Load : 0.09 0.56 0.67