FESCo Meeting Logs

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 21:25:24 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I've just sent out the Meeting summaries for 2006-12-7 and 2006-12-14.
As you may have noticed, the summaries haven't been coming out as
regularly as we would like recently.  This is mostly my fault as I've
been trying to integrate some of Michael Schwendt's comments about
meeting logs and failing.

The desire is to expose more information in accessible formats so that
people can know not just what decisions are being made, but also who is
making them.  This is helpful when it comes time to vote for a new FESCo
-- If you know that Toshio Kuratomi has been voting for things you
disagree with and obstructing the things you are interested in you can
vote against him in the election.  If you only know that FESCo as a
whole voted for this issue and voted against this other one, then you
won't be able to make an informed decision of who you want on the
Steering Committee next term.

Weighed against this desire is simply the time requirement to do a good
job at this.  Having an easily readable table of who voted, who
abstained, and who didn't vote on the issues presented at a meeting,
having expanded information on who proposed issues and solutions, and
other things to help readers differentiate the views of individual
members could be done by someone who has more time to process the logs.

If you have some ideas and time to do this feel free to let me know and
we'll work out the best way for you to add your contribution to the
summaries.

-Toshio