packaging guidelines: update request of immutable wiki page

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 9 11:06:43 UTC 2006

Hi, I would like to request an adjustment to the extras wiki for
packaging guidelines. Specifically I found it time consuming to find the
key information on how to actually set up my machine to start developing
packages. Here is a draft:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines
=====

+[[Anchor(PackageDevelopmentEnvironment)]]
+=== Configuring a Fedora system for developing packages ===
+When beginning package development, there are some tools like
'''rpmdevtools''' and '''rpmlint''' that will assist in:
+ * installing the minimal compilation and build programs
+ * setting up a standardized package build environment for a developer user
+ * testing your built packages
+'''rpmdevtools''' and '''rpmlint''' can be installed from the Fedora
Extras repository with yum:
+{{{
+  yum install rpmdevtools rpmlint
+}}}
+Additional information is available from [:rpmdevtools: RPM Development
Tools], and the draft [:Docs/Drafts/BuildingPackagesGuide: Building
Packages in Fedora].

Any comments ? (I included a diff if it's OK to go.)

DaveT.