Building against development branch's Python 2.5

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:06:09 UTC 2006

The Django package builds fine for FE6, but when I tried rebuilding it
against -development I get an error:

http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-development-extras/23311-Django-0.95-2.fc7/

running install
error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
/usr/include/python2.5/pyconfig-32.h (No such file or directory)
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.419 (%install)

It was being built on the PPC build server, and the development tree
for PPC has both the 32- and 64-bit python-devel RPMs available. Could
it be that the build server installs python-setuptools compiled
against the 32-bit PPC version of python-devel, but the build server
has the 64-bit python-devel RPM installed?

Thanks,

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
                -- Christopher Morley