Anyone look at building "D compiler" (gdc)?

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 03:02:38 UTC 2006

2006/12/8, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
> Is anyone trying to build gdc (D compiler)?  I suppose the procedure would
> be to get current gcc srpm and build on top of this.

If it's stable it might be worth adding this to the main GCC srpm.
Otherwise one would have to do what third-party repositories do with
kdelibs and gstreamer MP3 support: duplicate the common source (will
be less of a problem once FC and FE are merged, since the same tarball
will only be stored once. Not sure about now)

What happens if gcc in {core,updates} is updated? gdc in Extras might
get out of sync.

Regards,

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
                -- Christopher Morley