About tagging

Devrim GUNDUZ devrim at CommandPrompt.com
Tue Dec 12 05:56:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, or it is in FAQ.

When I maintain a package for multiple releases, like FC-5, FC-6, and
devel, I'm experiencing a problem.

When a new version of the software is released, and when I want to push
them to build system, I first bump up spec file version in devel/, run
make tag build.

However, when I copy that spec to other directory (say FC-6) and run
make tag, I get this error:

ERROR: Tag XXX has been already created.
The following tags have been created so far

So, should I bump up the release tag in the spec file for every FC
release? :( Or is there a trick on that?

Regards,