BZR Post-release Snapshot: Keep BZR Repository Data in Tarball?

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Wed Dec 20 02:03:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 08:46 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Given that it's a post-release snapshot, couldn't you create a patch
> file containing the differences between the snapshot and the latest
> release and just use the patch?

Soon after I committed the changed specs and sources to CVS, I thought
of that. While I think that's a good idea for small fixes here and
there, much of the internal aspects of Scribes received a big rewrite
(the InstanceManager module is now used instead of D-Bus for IPC, and
nearly everything is now a plugin rather than part of the main
codebase). I wanted to make sure that all of this got put into the
release, as aside from fixing that bug it also greatly simplifies much
of the overall Scribes code.

Thanks for the suggestion though; and I will very much think of doing
that *before* committing a full snapshot next time if it's something
small. :]
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479