Re: desktop-file-install for all desktop files?

Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Friday 22 December 2006 10:05, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> No, the guidelines are simply wrong here.
>
> Matthias, after the break, would you be willing to put in some time to
> help us revamp this part of the guidelines?

Help/clout would be appreciated.  I, too, would prefer that the --vendor
usage be not mandated (ie, be optional at most).  Unfortunately, since the
fdo menu spec (strongly?) recommends it's usage, it's unclear to many in
the PC how best to tackle that.

We made some progress on this recently, see:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/DesktopFiles

-- Rex