Converting from .a to .so

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Dec 25 00:42:11 UTC 2006

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 03:01:42PM -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Also note that that libnc-dap exists in Extras as a shared library.
> libnc-dap claims to be a call for call replacement of the netcdf
> library.  I STRONGLY suggest that you look at linking against
> libnc-dap instead of the state netcdf implementation.
>
> http://www.opendap.org/download/nc-dods.html

libnc-dap indeed implements the netcdf api, but it also adds support
for dods, it may not be right for anjuta, or it may be better, depending on
the netcdf use  (I really don't know why anjuta would need netcdf, though).
libnc-dap has a copy of the netcdf library in the code, so it
doesn't add much regarding security.

--
Pat