Re: VTK license OK?

Axel Thimm wrote:
On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 06:42:55PM +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
Hi.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:27:49 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote

Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Ken Martin, Will Schroeder, Bill Lorensen All rights reserved.
[...]

That's BSD, isn't it?

Almost, I wish it would fint the BSD templates to not even have to
ask. But at the very least this part is not found in any BSD licenses
AFAIK:

 * Modified source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
   misrepresented as being the original software.

I don't know if that makes that non-open or non-free, but it misses
the OSI templates ... :(

This clearly is compatible with Free software licenses including the GPL. If you need confirmation drop a mail to licensing AT gnu.org

Rahul