ScriptletSnippets: desktop-database,mimeinfo

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Feb 3 20:22:59 UTC 2006

Enrico Scholz wrote:
> rdieter at math.unl.edu (Rex Dieter) writes:

>>respectively, but the "GTK+ icon cache" section says (rightfully)
>>"Note that no dependencies should be added for this".

> This section is wrong. Instead of, it should state that:

Consider this too:

* Packages that own/create the parent icon theme directories should
include in %files (something like):
%ghost %{_datadir}/icons/<icon_theme>/icon-theme.cache

Else, this (and the <icon_theme> folder) gets left behind on icon_theme
removal.

Of course, gtk-update-icon-cache could have been created to put the
cache somewhere else/better, like under /var/cache, and we wouldn't have
had to worry about it.

-- Rex