FE package status Thu Feb 2 2006

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Fri Feb 3 22:19:02 UTC 2006

jspaleta at gmail.com said:
> Can you explain how are you producing this list?

Using the parseBZbugList.pl script available on the UsefulScripts wiki page :-)
(sorry, couldn't resist...)

Basically:
 1. extract all package names from owners.list
 2. extract all available packages from the devel repo
 3. subtract 1 - 2 and print it (if it's not orphaned in this case)...

> I think perhaps you need to seperate items which are not available in both
> devel and latest release from those which are not available just in devel...

Could do.  My idea was to make sure devel is in good shape, as FC5 is around
the corner...

> it might help in the determination of the underlying package state and
> whether this is just a janitorial issue or if there is a build problem that
> needs to be investigated by interested contributors.

Yes, I could make two lists:
 - not in latest, not in devel
 - present in latest, but not in devel

> Several things sort of jump out as odd... initng  is in the list why?

Because it's in the owners.list file:
$ grep initng owners.list
Fedora Extras|initng|A full replacement of SysVinit|daner964 at student.liu.se|extras-qa at fedoraproject.org|

> This hasn't even passed review and I dont see it in the owners list

Well it is in mine:
$ cvs stat
For more information on using the Fedora CVS repositories, please visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UsingCvs
File: owners.list       Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.603
   Repository revision: 1.603   /cvs/extras/owners/owners.list,v
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

> There are several things that aren't even built for fc4 in your list. Either
> they are orphaned or they are no longer needed and have been replaced by
> other functionality

I started a discarded packages list, also available on the wiki page.

> freenx and nx are in the list why?

No idea, but they are in owners.list

> These have cvs entries but aren't even
> built in the fc4 package tree afaict.   Are we even sure this passed review?
> Was this ever built in FE?

No idea.

> wxPython is in the list why?

'cause it's in owners.list.

> wxPythonGTK2 now exists which provides wxPython
> Its not in fc4 either. repoquery -q --provides wxPythonGTK2 ... wxPython =
> 2.4.2.4-7 wxPythonGTK2 = 2.4.2.4-7 ...

Yes, I guess it's a good candidate for my discarded package list...

> gnome-applet-netmon.. not currently build for fc4 either.. was this ever
> built inside FE?

dunno.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers,