Package with dependency on xerces-c

Nassib Nassar nassar at etymon.com
Tue Feb 7 18:09:13 UTC 2006

This is my first try contributing to a fedora repository, and I'd like
to submit a package for amberfish (http://etymon.com/tr.html), which
is text indexing/searching software.  One of its features is
XPath-like query constraints on text searching within XML, but this
depends on the xerces-c library which I can't find in the fedora base
repositories.  It looks like I have three options: (1) contribute a
xerces-c package to extras, unless there is a reason it should not be
included, (2) build amberfish without XML support, or (3) modify
amberfish to use a different XML library, which may be difficult or
not possible.

Can anyone offer suggestions or guidance?

Nassib