Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Feb 13 22:02:27 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 19:55 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:22:42 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
> > Do all packages need a rebuild?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> No.
>
> > Most noarch packages probably would work fine without a rebuild and
> > won't have a benefit from the new gcc security features. But we know
> > that some noarch package are broken due to changes in rawhide -- we'd
> > like to catch and fix those. And we want to make sure that a package
> > still has a active maintainer while at it.
>
> It's still short-sighted, since

This whole undertaking is short-sighted. Anything but a dep-ordered
built will result into similar disorder as we have now.

Also, FESCO, why aren't you able to launch such are mass rebuild
yourself in at least "manually, semi-sorted" order like RH seems to be
doing it? This at least would avoid the uncoordinated confusion we will
be facing now. IMO, this step of yours is irresponsible.

Embarrassed,

	Ralf