Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat Feb 18 13:26:21 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 18.02.2006, 13:43 +0100 schrieb Hans de Goede:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> Well, I had to define a point in time *somewhere*. I took the obvious
>>> one: The time when I announced the mass rebuild. The exact one. I know
>>> that the rawhide push with the results from the mass rebuild was done
>>> some hours earlier, but it also takes some time until it hits the
>>> buildsys afaik. Yes, that was Feb 13, but to be precise it was:
>>> $ date --date='2006-02-13 18:22:00 CET' +%s
>>> 1139851320
>> The obvious time would be 13 feb 00:00 UTC, quoting yourself from:
>> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20060209
>>
>> "Packages not rebuild before the 12th of February will be removed before
>> FC5 is shipped to start with a clean tree with old cruft removed"
>
> Quoting that page, too:
>
> Mass rebuild of Extras for FC5
> A separate mail will follow. This is the rough version: Can probably
> start on Sunday.[...]
>
> Note the words "separate mail will follow" and "probably". Because some
> hours later this came:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2006-February/msg00031.html
>
>> A late breaking bug was found that affects ppc32/64 systems, and so I
>> have to rebuild every package that is built on these arches over the
>> weekend.  Please wait on rebuilding Extras until this is done.
>
> And I waited until f13 gave his okay to start.

As I already wrote in the part of my mail you didn't quote I delayed my
rebuilds because of the extra rebuild, once this was done I started it.
Appereantly the discussion is when the extra rebuild was complete, in my
view this was done when the last rawhide changelog mail was send. +
maybe some time for the buildsys to pick up the changes I don't know
how/when the buildsys syncs to rawhide.

Regards,

Hans