Orphaned: elmo

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Feb 22 18:14:23 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 22.02.2006, 18:55 +0100 schrieb Nicolas Mailhot:
> Le mercredi 22 février 2006 à 18:40 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis a écrit :
>
> > I'm still for the "remove *all* orphans from the repo before branching
> > FE5 if there is nothing that depends on them" solution...
>
> Some orphans are in pretty good shape though - for example I worked with
> upstream to fix remaining problems before releasing arc

Well, I fine if those that are in a relative good shape stay. But
somebody probably should check which orphans are in a good shape and
which are not. Any volunteers? Shouldn't be to much work afaics.

But the biggest problem remains: What happens if a "good shape" orphan
needs a security fix during lifetime of FE5? **

CU
thl

** Well, a Security SIG is in the works afaics. But they can't maintain
all orphans forever. So we probably need to remove them sooner of later
from devel (e.g. in this case after branching for FE5) -- maybe this way
a new maintainer shows up...