OpenAL 0.0.9 problems

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Sun Feb 26 19:24:50 UTC 2006

The OpenAL 0.0.9-0.2.20060204cvs.fc4 update causes several problems:
1. Dependents such as blender and scorched3d require libopenal.so.0
   Of course these have to be rebuilt by their maintainers, but how
   can one avoid deinstalling them to do a clean yum update?
2. There are other non-RPMed programs like X-Plane that use
   libopenal.so.0. In addition these suffer from the separation
   of libalut, i.e., I had to set LD_PRELOAD to start it.

I suggest creating an openal0 package for an older version (that
also include alut). So other programs will continue to work, and
dependents don't need to be installed before an update is available.
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49