Anyone interested in maintaining alsa-{tools,firmware}, fuse{,-sshfs}, gwget, brightside or ghex?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jan 20 15:35:31 UTC 2006

Hi Fedora Extras packagers.

I'd like to get a bit more free time for other work regarding Fedora
Extras and hope to get rid of some packages I maintain in FE. Is anybody
interested in one of the following applications and would like to take
over maintainership?

alsa-firmware - Firmware for several ALSA-Supported soundcards
alsa-tools - The ALSA Tools
brightside - Add reactivity to the corners and edges of your GNOME desktop
fuse - File System in Userspace
fuse-sshfs - FUSE-Filesystem to access remote filesystems via SSH
ghex - A binary editor for GNOME
gwget - GUI Download manager using wget
notemeister - Notemeister is a small, simple note organizer made for the GNOME2 desktop

I don't use them anymore (ghex, gwget), never really did (alsa-*, fuse,
notemeister) or started to hate them (brightside -- but I know I liked
‘edge flipping’ in gnome 1.x; seems I got older in between...).

Simply send me a private mail if you are interested in one of those. tia

And if no one is interested in them I'm going to live with the burden
and will maintain nearly(*) all of them in the future, too -- but I
think that a maintainer that really uses the packages he maintains would
be the best solution for everyone.

CU
thl

(*)notemeister is the exception -- upstream is dead (successor is
newton.sf.net) and I think would be a good point to stop shipping it in
FE