iscan license question

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Mon Jan 23 23:44:14 UTC 2006

On Monday, 23 January 2006 at 23:54, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 23:48 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> > > Yes, as long as you have source code for all of the bits.
> >
> > That'll be a 'no' then, as they are all binary.
> >
> > > Don't include any binary only bits, and we dodge the iffy RE clause.
> >
> > Which is what I'll do and make a similar package for livna, including only
> > the binary parts.
>
> That seems like the best plan of action.

Would be, if iscan could be packaged that way. Unfortunately, it still requires
a non-free, binary-only library libesmod.so.1. So, is it OK to package that
library even if we don't have its source? I've heard from a reasonably
reliable source that iscan is included in Fedora Directory Server. ;)

R.

--
       RPM repository for Fedora Core http://rpm.greysector.net/
mpg321, xmp, faad2, lame, mad, *mplayer*, rdesktop, tin, xvid, mks, mutt