Anjuta : RFC

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Jul 7 11:44:22 UTC 2006

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 00:53:26 +0100, Paul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Anjuta 1 branch has now been closed off with the exception of
> security fixes and all involved are concerned with the 2.0 version.
>
> Currently, anjuta-gdl is in FE with gnome-build and autogen currently
> under review.
>
> What I'm proposing is the following.
>
> 1. I put Anjuta-2.0.x back through the usual FE review system
> 2. When it is accepted, it is imported only into rawhide.
> 3. Those using stable and one version back from that, continue to use
> 1.2.4a
> 4. When all is stable and happy, the following happens
> 4a. 1.2.4a is moved to legacy and the 1.x branch removed from FE CVS

What do you mean with "branch removed from FE CVS"?

There is nothing you should remove in CVS in any special way. Just update
your working copy and commit the changes for an upgrade from 1.x to 2.x.

> 4b. 2.0.x is imported into the current version and one version back (as
> per the FC system)
> 5. The world goes on it's ever decreasing spiral.
>
> Comments?

Note that a review is not required for Anjuta 2.x when it is an ordinary
version upgrade. It would be your personal decision to request reviews in
order to get feedback prior to upgrading the package in FE Development.