Opinions on the election (was: Re: FESCo Election Results)

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Fri Jul 7 17:06:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 01:49:33PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> ACK. The participation was very disappointing.
>> One would assume the FE contributors would back up old or new members of
>> FESCO much more actively. Not voting leaves too much room for
>> interpretation and could also be understood as disapproval of the
>> nominees.
>
> I think it was just a lack of interesting controversy. I went and read the
> list and everyone's ideas and almost didn't vote.

  Okay, so we'll have to stage a scandal next election.  Someone needs to
anonymously attest that they saw Dennis Gilmore install Ubuntu on his
T1000, or something.*  Then he'll in turn fling mud back at whoever
arranged that relevation (oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that), and you
can guess where that'll go.  Then someone will probably bribe Sopwith to
"make a few database adjustments" during the election, which will lead to
a Fedora Advisory Board investigation, and then all bets are off who will
be on FESCo.  Maybe THAT will drum up enough interest in the election.
  For that matter, maybe I sullied Dennis's reputation enough that a
sufficient majority of Fedora contributors will demand a recall, during
which Alan Cox will be elected to replace him.
  Aren't politics fun?

      Jima

[*] This actually happened, but only so he could figure out what drivers
Aurora needed enabled.