Opinions on the election (was: Re: FESCo Election Results)

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Fri Jul 7 18:51:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> But i think i forgot to add to the wiki that a vote for me was a vote for
> SPARC as an offically supported arch.  So now  we need to add some SPARC
> builders to the buildsys :D.  Sopwith  will get mad at me  remove all my
> votes from the DB  and  all hell breaks loose.

  Well, one of Spot's platforms implied that without actually saying as
much (although I think everyone knows what it meant, especially since he
mentioned Aurora):

"Work towards enabling Fedora to truly grow beyond x86/x86_64, with a
multiple tiered architecture model"

> But seriously  I would like to know   some reasons why people who did not
> vote,  choose to not vote.  Was he voting window too short?  was there not
> enough noise about the election? and people just plain forgot?

  Voter apathy is a very sad thing. :(

      Jima