Move Squirrelmail to Extras?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Jul 10 03:40:00 UTC 2006

Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> Would it make sense to move Squirrelmail to Extras? I am the upstream
> package maintainer, and would happily maintain it here instead of
> having to do it on squirrelmail.org.
>
> Cheers,

I'd like to move it to Extras too.  Would you like to coordinate and be
co-maintainers of squirrelmail?

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/squirrelmail/
Beware.  Red Hat's squirrelmail has a large amount of ugly looking i18n
and language specific fixes and hacks.  Some of these fixes need to be
pushed upstream, but others (like the scripted mass encoding change)
might never be accepted upstream.

I'd also prefer to keep it a single package that Provides
squirrelmail-i18n rather than split it like your upstream package.  Is
this problematic?

Aside from this sub-package difference, I made modifications to the Red
Hat package over the past years in an attempt to make it upgrade
compatible with your upstream package.

What things would you like to do to the current fc6 package?  Let's
discuss this.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com