rpms/monodoc/devel monodoc.spec,1.7,1.8

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 08:06:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

> My reading of the mono packaging guidelines is that things should be in
> %{_libdir} rather than /usr/lib, and that the packager's effort should
> go into getting the application/library to put things there and use them
> from there. I realise this is non-trivial given the way that most
> upstream mono apps/libraries are written, but hardcoding /usr/lib has to
> be seen as a regression, doesn't it?

The mono directory and gac directories are ALWAYS in /usr/lib
irrespective of architecture or platform. These are the only exceptions
to the rules. From memory, this was decided on many moons ago by Ximian
(that's how old it is!) to be analogous of the Windows/System directory.

I'm open to suggestions on this, but to maintain reliability and
compliance with the mono infrastructure, it has to remain in /usr/lib

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who