Wiki not editable?

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Jul 15 20:03:25 UTC 2006

jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org (Josh Boyer) writes:

>> But "this path" continued when completely unrelated people did
>> distorting changes to my documents without asking me first. When
>> ACLs (which are unavailable for me) are required to protect pages,
>> then I can use licenses to protect my copyright.
>
> Enrico, it's a wiki.  A friggin wiki.  The whole idea is that people
> can edit pages.

This whole sh^Wissue started because the Fedora Wiki admins think
different... ;)

> Now obviously it is polite to discuss changes with the original author,
> but there is nothing requiring that to be done.  If you don't want
> people making changes to pages _you_ write, then I suggest putting them
> under your own user page in the wiki.

I do not have problems when other people change/enhance this page. But I
hate it when people (who never wrote a single char in this page before)
are violating my obvious will.

Because I do not want to waste more time in restoring my pages (it is
not trivial and such actions destroy the complete edit-history) I went
the license-way.

Enrico