rpms/seahorse/devel seahorse.spec,1.18,1.19

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Jul 23 18:07:55 UTC 2006

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:14:57 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Sunday 23 July 2006 12:59, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > In the general case, yes, but not in this special case. Maybe you just
> > didn't pay attention to the diff.
> >
> > It is a big surprise to me that somebody complains about such a change
> > at all.
>
> It wasn't a complaint about the content of the change, it was a curiosity as
> to why you felt it necessary to make a change at all w/out contacting Seth.
> Seth is very reachable and responsive, it would have been perfectly easy to
> drop him an email or a quick ping on IRC.  Seth could have changed it and
> maybe taken the opportunity to do some other work with the package.  I know
> that I would REALLY prefer somebody checked with me first before making a
> change to my packages.

With this comment, it is clear to me that you do not know what I've
done. What "opportunity"? This was in CVS, only in CVS. No tag, no
rebuild, no damage, nothing that justifies that you jump the bandwagon
and criticise me the way you do with such a general slap in the face.
And seriously, this has not been an emergency situation where something
like hanging around on IRC and occupying other people would have been
justified. I've found a couple of packages with the same tiny
mistake/typo, and without querying owners.list I've fixed it quickly
instead of wasting time in bugzilla. The majority of package owners
would be glad about it--and in case they would revert the change with
their next cvs-import, no harm would be done either-and about the
saved time, since submitting, loading and closing tickets in bugzilla
takes extra time.

So, be so kind, take a look at the diff, and if you then are still in
a mood to attack me, oh my...