FE devel rebuild?

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Jul 24 21:07:29 UTC 2006

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:28:20 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Friday 21 July 2006 14:59, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > But yes, a script like the one Hans asked for might be helpful. f13
> > probably has one ;-)
>
> It doesn't work all that well.  It could use replacing.  You basically need
> something that reads in the spec, figures out what int to bump (pre or
> post %{?dist} tag, or somewhere else), adds a coherent changelog entry, then
> does the simple commit -m 'bump' && make tag build.

Attached script can do that for the majority of spec files in FE and FC.

The first one takes a string (for the User Name <email> part in the
%changelog), a spec file, increments the release number (recognising
several different types of setting "Release") and adds a changelog entry.

I seem to have forgotten who created the original 'bumpspecfile.py' script
which I chose to enhance with the stuff in my Perl version.
Elliot Lee probably was the origin, if memory serves correctly.

Use the 2nd script at your own risk! It works within FE CVS devel branch,
checks out the given packages and can do automated commit/tag/build for
multiple packages at once: rebuildrpms.py pkg1 pkg2 pkg3 pkg4 pkg5