FE Package Status of Jul 26, 2006

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Jul 27 09:18:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 06:37:32PM +0200, Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I checked the .xml.in files...  The .xml seem a bit out of sync.
> I'm happy to sync them, but I'd like a go ahead first...
>
> The comps.xml seems in pretty poor shape ATM...  Also, some things are not
> completely clear to me:

I searched in the wiki, but I didn't found anything relevant, however
I remember that once a message was sent to a list explaining what should
go in comps. Maybe this should be added to the wiki.

What I remember is that package and subpackages goes into comps, not
SRPM names. In comps there should only appear packages that are directly
usefull, so no library, no perl or python module (except when they
are associated with a usefull script).

There seems to be exceptions to these exceptions since devel packages
appears in Development groups, and there are libs in
'Engineering and Scientific'.

--
Pat