Broken upgrade paths in FC+FE 2006-06-28

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Jun 28 18:14:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 09:10 -0400, buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:
[lots of broken upgrade paths]

Sadly, it seems that this whine mail hasn't helped noticeably to kick
folks to fix up their packages' upgrade paths, especially between FC-5
and devel.  I've filed bugs about a bunch of others cases, and most of
them have been fixed, but more breakage is introduced all the time.

So, I'm inclined to omit devel from this report for now, and re-enable
it closer to the FC6 release, hoping that doing so would trigger people
to fix their stuff at least in released distro branches so they're
easier to notice and won't be lost in the noise of current FC5->devel
brokenness.  Objections?

Below is an edited version of the previous report; this is what it would
have looked like if devel wasn't included.