Re: unable to use mock

cranium2003 wrote:
Hi,
--- Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org> wrote:

cranium2003 wrote:
There's still something wrong with your
configuration here. You're using fedora-5-i386-core.cfg yet the root is fedora-development-i386-core. What's in /etc/mock/fedora-5-i386-core.cfg?

 Attaching /etc/mock/fedora-5-i386-core.cfg file
here.

The contents of that file are appropriate for
rawhide, not FC5.

If you change all occurrences of "development" in
the file to "5", you should at least pick up the FC5 repos.
 Did it but still same error. Oh god what a prolmes
are in using Fedora Extras. How people can use mock i
dont understand.

When it works, it works well. I wouldn't dream of using it with a core or updates repository on the Internet myself though - I always use a local mirror, which speeds things up significantly and I can rebuild the metadata myself if it's out of sync.

Really finding a good repository is a
tough  task i feel.
   mock -r fedora-5-i386-core.cfg foo.src.rpm
gave
init
clean
prep
This may take a while
Error peforming yum command: /usr/sbin/mock-helper yum
--installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-5-i386-core/root
groupinstall build build-minimal build-base
ending
done

and yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386-core/root groupinstall build-minimal build-base build
http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/python-2.4.3-3.i386.rpm:
[Errno 4] Socket Error: (11, 'Resource temporarily
unavailable')
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: Fedora/RPMS/python-2.4.3-3.i386.rpm
from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I'd strongly consider using a local mirror, or at least a decent cache as suggested on the MockTricks wiki page.

Paul.