Reverting package to a previous

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jun 6 18:55:38 UTC 2006

GM> I updated the erlang package to the latest version
GM> (R10B->R11B). However it the packages erlang-esdl, and thus, wings
GM> do not work correctly.

Ouch.

GM> How can I downgrade to the previous version?

You have to release a new package that has a higher
epoch:version:release triple than the old package.  So you can either
increase the epoch, or lie about the version.

GM> If so, what is the procedure for CVS?

Hmmm.  It doesn't look like the epoch is included in the CVS tags.  I
wonder how well it will work in practice.

Anyway, to include an epoch, just add "Epoch: 1" to your spec.  But
keep in mind that you'll have to keep it around forever.

 - J<