taking over tripwire?

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Thu Jun 8 21:06:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 15:22 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> There are several problems with tripwire that I have seen mentioned in
> the last 2 years. We quit using tripwire due to the 64 bit problem and
> just went with rpm -V and some sha256 scripts to do files not loaded
> in rpm database.
>
> 1) Selinux/xattr aware
> 2) 64 bit compilation/working
> 3) Prelink aware
> 4) Licensing problems with later versions?

What about AIDE? (http://www.cs.tut.fi/~rammer/aide.html) Its already in
extras. Its at least is GPL and appears to be 64bit clean. Adding
selinux/xattr/prelink support can't be that hugely difficult... I
started running it on my (debian) server after I heard it detected a
break in.. of Debian's servers. ;P