Comps Generation? [Was: Re: comps comps-fe5.xml,1.7,1.8]

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sun Jun 11 12:50:26 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 13:59 -0700, Peter Gordon wrote:
> Why are we changing the .xml files? The xml.in is what we need to add it
> to, and the build system automagically regenerates the true comps.xml
> from that, right? How often does this occur? Perhaps we should make it
> regenerate with every day's new Extras push if any of those added
> something to it? What's our policy, if any, on this?

Yes, the .in files should be changed.  The plan is to integrate checkout
and update of the comps file in the tree with the Extras push script but
I still haven't had a 'round 'tuit which means that updates happen when
I think about it and notice that some have gone in.

I'll try to update it later today

Jeremy