Fedora Extras Steering Committee (FESCo) Elections beginning on Thursday

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jun 18 19:04:07 UTC 2006

Hi!

I'm proud to announce that the Fedora Extras Steering Committee (created
on the first FUDCon back in February 2005) plans an election to let all
Extras packagers vote the new members for the next FESCo working period.
17 people nominated themselves for the job:

     1. Andreas Bierfert (awjb)
     2. Tom "spot" Callaway (spot)
     3. Rex Dieter (rdieter)
     4. Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
     5. Dennis Gilmore (ausil) irc (dgilmore)
     6. Christian Iseli (c4chris)
     7. Jeremy Katz (jeremy)
     8. Michael J. Knox (mjk)
     9. Toshio Kuratomi (abadger1999)
    10. Thorsten Leemhuis (thl)
    11. Jose-Pedro Oliviera (jpo)
    12. Brian Pepple (bpepple)
    13. Michael Schwendt (mschwendt)
    14. Ville Skyttä (scop)
    15. Jason Tibbitts (tibbs)
    16. Warren Togami (wtogami)
    17. Seth Vidal (skvidal)

For details and some future plans of these fine people see:
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Nominations

You are a Fedora Extras Packager and want to be in the next FESCo? Well,
then hurry up and nominate yourself until Tuesday, 20 June 23:59 UTC by
adding yourself to above wiki page. For some details on the nominations
and the background of the decision to actually make it one see:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-May/msg00026.html

The actual election will start on Thursday, 22 June 0:01 UTC and will
last until Sunday, 02 July 23:59 UTC. The results will be posted to this
list. The first meeting of the "new" FESCo will be on Thursday, June 06
2006 on #fedora-extras at 17:00 UTC. A new chair will be elected there
by the new members.

The actual voting will happen in the accounts system. Toshio Kuratomi
was so helpful and created a framework for it, see
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-June/msg00676.html
for details. Thanks for your great work Toshio!

I hope I didn't miss any important information. If I did: Just ask.

CU
thl

P.S.: Sorry for cross-posting, but I think that okay for this kind of
mail. Follow-up-to fedora-extras-list at redhat.com only please. tia!