docs packaging

Eric TANGUY Eric.Tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Jun 20 08:52:52 UTC 2006

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 06:40:46AM +0200, Eric Tanguy alleged:
>> Hi all, i'm trying to modify the libupnp spec file to include the
>> programming doc i forgot at the beginning.
>> My problem is where to put the doc and if i have to split it in the 2
>> packages (libupnp and libupnp-devel).
>> In the doc build by the package i have LICENSE NEWS README THANKS TODO
>> UPnP_Programming_Guide.pd and a directory examples/
>> Either i put all this stuff in usr/share/doc/libupnp-1.4.0-1/ in the
>> devel package (which is the easier to do) or
>> usr/share/doc/libupnp-1.4.0-1/ containing LICENSE NEWS README THANKS
>> TODO in libupnp package and usr/share/doc/libupnp-devel-1.4.0-1/
>> containing UPnP_Programming_Guide.pdf and examples/ in devel package.
>> But for the second solution (which seems the better solution to me) i
>> have to create directory
>> (RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/doc/libupnp-devel-1.4.0-1/) and mv
>> UPnP_Programming_Guide.pdf and examples/ in it at the end of make
>> install. It makes the spec file a bit ugly...
>> What do you think of this ?
>> Thanks
>> Eric
>
> What's the matter with 2 %doc macros?
> %files
> %doc LICENSE NEWS README THANKS TODO
>
> %files devel
> %doc UPnP_Programming_Guide.pdf examples

Yes but the problem is the package put all doc files in
/usr/share/doc/libupnp-1.4.0-1/ and and %doc look for files in this
directory for libupnp but for libupnp-devel %doc macro look for files in
/usr/share/doc/libupnp-devel-1.4.0-1/ which does not exist unless i create
it and put the devel doc files in it manually in the spec file.
Eric