Broken upgrade paths in FC+FE 2006-06-28

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Jun 29 19:23:24 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 07:41 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I wouldn't remove, but sort them differently. E.g. [...]

AFAICS the easiest way to do this would be to just run the script with
different configurations and direct the output to appropriate lists.
That'd probably suffice although the priorization would be somewhat, er,
coarse.

This could and should be done by the respective projects as they see
fit; controlling stuff in the FE buildsystem for all combinations
doesn't sound optimal to me.  On the other hand, the projects are
already intertwined and will probably continue to grow to that
direction.

Adding some priorization to the output of the script itself wouldn't be
rocket science, but could make it less generic and thus harder to adapt
by other projects.

The code is in the fedora CVS root in the upgradecheck module, patches
welcome: http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/upgradecheck/?root=fedora