[ruby] multilib and noarch

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Thu Mar 16 04:34:53 UTC 2006

VS> One more bit for consideration: because it looks like some backwards
VS> incompatible changes are inevitable, this would be a good opportunity to
VS> move the noarch parts to /usr/share.  The benefits would be the
VS> usual /usr/share ones, like %{_netsharedpath} and read only (NFS)
VS> mounts.

What does "some backwards incompatible changes" mean here?
just adding /usr/lib/ruby/<version>/ into the search path
for 64bit archs is an option as well I think.

Ideally all arch-independent files should be moved under
/usr/share though, making incompatibility between upstream
and Fedora package isn't a good idea.

--
Akira TAGOH