no Job ID was provided in the time required (Was: Please rebuild your packages in Fedora Extras development)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Mar 1 05:38:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 00:27 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 06:16 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > >
> > > Cmon, that was a bit too brusque. Dan didn't deserve that sort of
> > > response.
> > Well how would you feel if you'd be permanently struggling with build
> > failures and wasting time on issues you don't have control over - for
> > months?
> >
> > Given Thorsten is keeping us nagging on mass rebuilds, I have started to
> > confront you with the build issues in a similar way as I have been and
> > am facing them - for many months!
> >
> > Now, you feel I am unfair?
> >

> Ralf,
>  I do feel you're being unfair to Dan. He's not doing this
> intentionally.

I did NOT meant to accuse Dan and hope not to have done so. Should I
have done so, then rest assured this had happened unintentional and
please take my apologies.

It's just that I am complaining about the buildsystem, but I
dissatisfied with the current status on the build system that I am not
willing to accept excuses and explanation, anymore.

Either these issues can be nailed down in a reasonable manner in a
reasonable time frame, or other consequences will have to be taken ...

Ralf