Documentation request

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Mar 2 06:30:53 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 02.03.2006, 11:48 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >Am Donnerstag, den 02.03.2006, 05:12 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> >>You can document <foo> in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/<foo>. [...]
> >Wouldn't
> >http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packages/<foo>
> >or
> >http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Packages/<foo>
> >(I would prefer the former)
> >be a better place? Just my 2 cent.
> I dont think so. It just makes access harder

Just a little bit harder. I don't think this is a problem. Especially
for Extras contributors that are the target for this.

>  for those who are new to
> the wiki. Just create a new category "CategoryPackages" and make every
> such page at the root level in this category for keeping track of them.

Well, the reason why I prefer
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packages/
or something similar is this: I can mass-subscribe in the wiki to
Packages/.* or Extras/.* and get a copy of everything that happens in
that area. I can't subscribe to categories afaik  :-|

Well, I can subscribe to ".*", but then I can a lot of things that are
no of interest for me, e.g. translations, personal homepages,...

And we have separate namespaces in the wiki already for Docs/, Extras/,
Packaging/, Ambassadors/, Infrastructure/, Legacy/, Marketing/ and Core/
(some of them don't use them yet completely, but most are). Why break
this nice organization?

CU
thl