[games sig] Use of seperate -data version if in same specfile?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Mar 4 19:01:21 UTC 2006

HdG> And I wonder what the use of a seperate data package such as is
HdG> done with tong is if its build from the same spec,

For Nazghul I split the engine from the game data because other games
are being developed that use the engine, so hopefully in the future it
will be useful to install the engine without the one built-in game.
Plus I suspect that eventually upstream will unbundle the sample game
data from the engine.

HdG> Shouldn't the -data package thus be in a seperate spec?

Not if it builds from the same tarball, as I understand things.

 - J<