Correct python modules directory on x86_64?

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Tue Mar 7 05:03:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

My opencv package installs Python modules in /usr/lib/python*/site-packages
instead of /usr/lib64/python*/site-packages on x86_64. It uses its own
Autoconf macros, which seem to be buggy, instead of the normal setup.py used
by other Python modules, which seems to not be buggy.

Here's the question: Do I move stuff around during the install phase so as to
end up with stuff in /usr/lib64 on x86_64, or do I modify my %files section,
which currently looks like this,

%files python
%{_libdir}/python*/site-packages/opencv

so as to get the files in /usr/lib even on x86_64? It would then probably look
like this:

%{_prefix}/lib/python*/site-packages/opencv

Which of those two is the least evil? Or is there another way?

Thanks