Summary of meeting

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Mar 9 19:11:30 UTC 2006

== Summary ==

Present from FESCo: thl, warren, ensc, thomasvs, scop, skvidal

Topics:

 * Mass rebuild of Extras for FC5

  * See http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/FC5Status
  * most things rebuilt
  * if some of your packages do not build, and you won't fix them, you
can announce them as orphans
  * the rest: leave the remaining things as they are and create bug
reports for the rest
  * bug reports should be created by maintainers (who have time until
next Thursday to do so)
  * ensc will see if he can recover his 2002 massmailer script for this
purpose
  * scop to ask mschwendt to send a mail about all currently missing
deps using repoclosure

 * branching of CVS for FC5

  * jeremy plans on doing this on Monday, list will be warned, repo will
be locked.  Jeremy will deal with the floodgates reliably and
responsibly as decided by consensus.
  * orphaned packages might get their "devel" branches removed from CVS
completely, but this will be discussed after FC5 is out

 * Kernel module standardization

  * xen changes were fine
  * buildsys issues still unclear
  * deferred to next week

 * Weekly sponsorship nomination

  * Toshio Kuratomi: accepted

 * Free discussion

  * scop asks for fedora-usermgmt noise stoppage, agreed upon but
countered with request for solution

I could do so much harm
I could do you no good
I'll leave a stain in your heart I would