Use of the "Other" category in desktop files

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:32:45 UTC 2006

On 3/13/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> (*) http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html

Man that list of approved categories it extremely biased towards a
traditional set of "office/productivity" applications....like games.
I'm sort of shocked that solitaire and minesweeper don't have their
own categories.  Is there a transparent process by which to suggest
new categories to extend that set?

The only thing in that list which Gourmet could fit into is Database.
After all Gourmet is an application to manage a database of recipes.
And its also a Chemistry application.

-jef"Where does my gtk interface to the weather controlling doomsday
satellite go?"spaleta