Re: Use of the "Other" category in desktop files

Isn't it about time to extend the list supported by the (GNOME)
main menu. Sometimes it is difficult to choose one of the
few categories. For example, my Sound & Video list is huge, here
splitting Sound/Video would certainly help. Also, currently,
all database and programming are under Programming. I put
mathematics software under Programming, but I seen xmaxima is
in Edutainment. I would propose the following submenus:
Audio
Video
Database
Programming